Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hey everyone! 

So, as you can see, I'm changing things a bit.  First of all the name...I just liked it better.  Also, I'm doing a little more of a vintage blog now.  Of course, I will papercraft a lot more after school gets out (19th!!!).  But I'm gonna make this blog a little broader.  I promise over the summer, you will see a lot more of me.  My choir year just finished last night, and I have an audition to prepare for...on Monday...and I still don't know what I'm singing...  My piano teacher threw "Panis Angelicus" at me, but according to a certain friend of mine...Ehem...that would be "unsportsmanlike" (is that a word?) because someone else told me she is doing it.  I got this great idea to do a solo version of a song called "Arise My Love" that my choir did a little ways back.  It would suit my voice really nicely, and with a quick refresher, I would know the song.  The problem is...I CAN'T FIND IT ONLINE!!!!!!!  GAHHHH!!!!  There are million songs in the world with that name and mine just happens to be the one version out of 999,999 that ISN'T ONLINE!!!  All I remember are these words:

Arise my love, and come with me
My fare one, come away with me
All the winter cold is gone
All the rain and clouds are gone
Springtime birds now sing their song
Come away my love
With me

I think there was something about grapes or something after that but I don't remember. 

Oh, I tried rag curls and wanted to show you my pictures!!!  WARNING:  THIS IS ME WITH NO MAKEUP ON AS WELL THE LAST PICTURE BEING ME WHEN I FIRST WAKE UP WITH NO MAKEUP ON!!!  VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Take small strips of cloth (about one inch by five)

I need to cut these...or grow 'em.  What do you think?

Loooooong

Wind hair going up around cloth

Not too tight, or the hair won't dry.  Tie under.

And switch sides, so that the hair hasn't dried yet.  Otherwise the curls will be uneven.  :(






Bobby pins help.  They don't always stay up.

Where hair is more broken, flies away, or layered, it helps to twist strands.

Allllllll DONE!!!

And this is the back.


***

Next moring...

Tada!  (I took a brush and lightly "poofed" it.)



And then I remembered after school I had to get to a concert and would need to wear my hair up, and that for a presentation I would have to have it in a bun in Science class...so I showered the curl out and went to school with my boring hair.... :(

So much for a happy ending...but I will try it again!!!

2 comments:

  1. (Cough) Cuz it would...I remember that is said the fig trees are covered in green say winter is o'er and tender grapes (I sounds like an idiot here :P) tender young grapes on the vine their fragrance divine... yeah. I think that is part of the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no, I don't care if you sing the same song for the audition that another person is. I just care that you and Garrett were arguing that our team won even though we didn't. Plus, you were dissing the other team. And, I guarantee you that "unsportsman-like" is a word.

    ReplyDelete